Tuesday, January 17, 2012

No Early Parole

We are now nine days out from our dachshund Li'l Girl's hemilaminectomy.  Everything is still going wonderfully.  Potty breaks are still good, and her back legs seems to be getting less and less wobbly when walking.  She is definitely not 100% her old self, but her strength is coming back nicely.
While she seems to be getting more and more used to being in jail (in her recovery pen), I think she is also hoping for an early parole, which isn't going to happen.  I know she gets bored in there, and is ready for the freedom she used to have.  I think the hardest part for her is seeing our other dachshund LittleBear out and around the house, doing as he pleases.  Of course there's no way for her to understand why she has to be in there and he doesn't.  She listens intently as I explain it to her, but I know it's all coming through as jibberish.
As we are making steady progress, I probably won't post again unless/until there are any significant changes.  She is due to get her sutures out in 4-6 days, so I will likely update again after that.

Yes, I'm really this cute.

Toys are serious business.

If I give you the sad eyes, will you let me out?
   

No comments:

Post a Comment